Ingredients & Supplies
- 3 cups boiling water
- 3/4 tap water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 plastic bristle house broom or wide painter’s brush
- plastic container/bag to carry paste
- 90 GSM thin white paper to print, draw, or paint on
- artist’s scalpel or x-acto knife to cut out design
- Boil 3 cups of water
- In a separate bowl, mix 1/4 cup of flour and 3/4 cup of water until it forms a nice white liquid. Try to get all the gobs out.
- Once the water is boiling add the flour water mix, stirring immediately, and continue to stir for 3 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup of sugar
- Let it cool, and stir once in a while to prevent a thick skin from forming on top
- Use the paste relatively soon after making. It can last several days.
- Use a good cutting mat and artist’s scalpel to cut the design out
- A wide painter’s brush is great for smaller posters and for the larger a house broom. Best broom to use is one of the ones with the plastic fiber bristles, as it makes it easier to clean.
- Put one coat on the wall, then put up the paper and smooth out. Put another thin layer on top to seal it in.